Having been led, as we believe, by the spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into this covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We engage therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love, to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort, to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrine, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion, to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, back-biting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage, and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will, as soon as possible unite with some other church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant, and the principles of God’s word.
And now unto Him, who brought again from the dead, our Lord Jesus, be Power and Glory forever.
In 1920, Rev. J. C. Smith was called to Pastor and he served for twenty-five years. In 1947, Rev. D. S. Bailey was called and under his leadership Galilee continued to grow. Due to fire damage the church was rebuilt in 1948 with the guidance of Pastor Bailey, Deacons Ralph Burleson, Teate Allen, Green Stewart, Reber Jackson, A. C. Booker, Sr., Riley Johnson and Alfred Johnson. It was under this same leadership that Brother Arthur Lewis was ordained Deacon after serving as Superintendent of Sunday School for two years.
The membership continued to grow and Trustees were added: Brothers William Sheffield, H. B. Turner, Marcus Johnson, B. H. Johnson and Clem Jones. New Deacons were added and ordained: A. Farris, H. D. Jones, Tom Dogan, Jessie Harrison, Albert Davis, Lee B. Yates and Howard Overshown. Other Trustees added were Brother Jessie Lewis and George Johnson, Jr.
In 1961 Deacons and Trustees rebuilt our edifice for the second time under the leadership of Rev. D.S. Bailey. The late Brothers William Sheffield and H.B. Turner provided very capable leadership during this period.
Our membership continued to grow with auxiliaries fully organized. After moving into our new building in 1961, other Deacons were ordained Deacons Lee Shepard, Chester McKay and other Trustees: Brothers Sam Kallie, Arnold Collins, George Johnson III, Lee Eddie Lewis, Carl Carter, Clarence Roberts, James Bailey, Robert Grant, Eugene Frank, E. L. Cole, Ransom Craddock, Johnny Collins, E. V. Grant, George Hunter, Howard Overshown, Jr., and Freddie White.
In March 1977, God called our Pastor D. S. Bailey to eternal rest. Rev. Bailey was a great Preacher and well read Bible Scholar. A Chapter of history was ended, never to be forgotten. So much he has taught us is ever present today. In October 1977, Rev. E. J. Booker was called to Pastor. New Deacons and Trustees were added: Brothers Frank Bracks, Emanuel Law, Genoa Freeman, Solomon Cheney, Arron Campbell, James Gulley, Cornelius Wilkerson, Turner Hector, and Clayton Wright.
Rev. Booker served until August of 1987. In December 1987 the church prayerfully called Rev. Edwin A. Davis to serve as Pastor. Under the present leadership over 2500 members have been added to our church family. On the second Sunday of September in the year of 2003, the congregation marched into our new edifice. Our leader has many great things planned for the future.